Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Opposition Politics in S'pore is so Farcical

Politics is not only 'funny', Bryan..it is downright 'incredible' with all the happenings surfacing every now and then. Kenneth Jeyaretnam (KJ) for once is right about Chiam See Tong (CST)...the truth is CST never allowed anyone stronger and smarter than him to over-shadow him....

But Lina (CST's wife) is playing a totally different game..because at this stage of political 'sliding' of CST. it is now 'Queen Control mode'. SAD for a man like CST. In my Blog during his 25 anniversary celebration I wrote a tribute to Chiam. Now I wonder my tribute is over-rated on him.

Hence Desmond Lim, the former ASG of S'pore Peoples Party (SPP) for 14 years was never well-known by others..only in PP's town council activities and work which Desmond assisted Chiam alot.

And yes! the funny thing about KJ is, he still want to form an 'Alliance with SDA after what he said. He should have approached WP to form an alliance right?
How come leh ??

Patrick Lee Song Juan

5 comments:

  1. My feeling is WP is well organised, having the right people around thou lacking numbers, and a little too tame in Parliament.

    RP is coming up fast & very active, while SDA need the right people, not infighting type. CSJ too aggressive banging head against PAP wall, but recently SDP has become more tactical making use of youtube for publicity.

    Just my 2 ct worth of opinion, much to learn, heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin, good and sound analysis of the current opposition parties. KJ, as a newbie is really over-ambitious to mount a 'untactical' assault on the so-called alliance.

    But in actual fact is just a 'marriage of convenience' Ultimately is to usurp the throne of SDA..an ill-intention rolled out in full view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that KJ is over-ambitious, or perhaps over-zealous - benefit of doubt.

    I hope to see a big united oppostion party independent of SPP, RP, NSP, etc... ie: all individual party should be deregistered after the big united opposition party is formed.

    And perhaps WP and SDP should get married, hhmm... but they are very different in behaviour.

    Anyway, I think we need another 10yrs or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In 10 years time I may not be around Kevin.
    If I do, I will be 75 years old. I will definitely miss the fragrance of the purple rose and my sweet petite L.N lah...

    In our local scene of politics, the narrow so-called 'magnanmity' is ever missing in the adrenaline of the opposition party system. God forbides

    ReplyDelete
  5. In 10 yrs, you will still be around, healthily because my purple rose has healing benefits for those who speak dearly for our people. U and all of us will hopefully see a truly united opposition party !

    ReplyDelete